How To Overcome Spider Phobias
Posted on 11th August 2017 at 12:57
Here is a fantastic NLP technique to use if you are feeling anxious when near a spider, you will need to set this up first and then it will be with you forever.
Find a quiet and calm place to do the following 6 steps
1. Think of a time when you felt calm, imagining all those feelings as though you are there, with all the sights, smells and feelings you had when you were calm, hold those feelings.
2. Now, with either hand, dig your thumbnail into the flat part of your index finger (as if you were holding a pen), but don’t hurt yourself. Hold this while you think of that calm memory.
3. Release, and look around the room.
4. Repeat steps 1, 2 & 3 two more times.
5. Repeat steps 1,2 & 3 with the feelings of confidence (three times in total).
6. Repeat steps 1,2 & 3 with the feelings of being in control (three times in total).
Here is a link to a video that I made about this technique - How To Overcome Spider Phobias
Contact me if you need help with this or any other phobia and we will work together to overcome what can be a debilitating fear.
Share this post: